Breaking down the “buzzwords” of Restore’s Vision statement in this 94 second video I explain what we mean by Gospel-Centered.
This means we are committed to:
• Reading and teaching the entire Bible in light of the gospel. All of the stories of the
Bible exist to point us to the hero of the overarching story of the Bible, Jesus.
• Preaching the gospel to believers, not just unbelievers.
• Leaders applying the gospel to themselves first; leaders must be lifetime repenters.
• Cultivating a leadership culture marked by ever increasing “gospel astonishment.”
• Being known for an atmosphere of grace; gospel‐centered churches are safe places for
seekers, skeptics and those outside of the faith.
• Producing people who don’t just know the doctrine of the gospel but who love the
person of Jesus Christ.
For a longer version (in which my daughter Carolyn braved a bug crawling over her while she shot the video) click here.