So we feel a bit like Dan Aykroyd coming out of the wind tunnel in “Spies Like Us”! Busy busy busy week spending time with lots of peeps & preparing to load up on Nov 19 to leave for Detroit on Nov 20, Lord willing. Already my heart is aching over leaving friends & neighbors. This weekend we will hang with several more friends, do some vehicle maintenance, pack boxes, & pick up Clete at the airport. On Monday Clete & I are heading to Tacoma WA for Soma School 201 where we will learn more about missional community leadership, having a vision for your city, gospel-fluency, & gospel motivation.
If you have a few moments here are some ways you can pray:
1. For us to grow in the grace & knowledge of Jesus.
2. For me to love & shepherd Susan & our children well in this time of transition.
3. For the gospel to continue to work in the hearts of my friends in Hillsboro who don’t yet know Jesus & that God would send other Christians their way.
4. For us to have eyes to see the beauty of Detroit & hearts to be devastated by the brokenness of Detroit.
5. For support to continue to come in.
The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. (1 Tim 1:15)