#NationwideSolemnAssembly #Revelation7_9Now 2015
The purpose of this year’s Solemn Assembly is to focus Restore Church as individuals and as a church family on pursuing the reconciliation of all Peoples through the gospel.
As we at Restore Church have an intentional time of fasting and prayer let us remember that what we do this week should not have a period on the end of it, but a comma. We want God to write His story of grace on this church as we pursue glorifying Him through fasting and prayer this week.
We will do this by setting aside not only meals, but by spending concentrated times together during this week. We invite all of you to participate in the following schedule:
- Monday Evening – We invite you to spend time with your family praying together and going through material provided by Restore’s elders. (Two helpful studies below this section)
- Tuesday Evening – We invite you to a prayer meeting at the PO (6:30–8:30 PM). After a time of concentrated prayer, we will share a small meal together and then observe the Lord’s Supper.
- Wednesday Evening – If you are not yet part of a DGroups, we invite you to spend the evening with one! If your DGroup does not meet on Wednesday, we encourage you to get together with another family for a time of prayer, fellowship, and reflection.
- Thursday night – If you are not yet part of a DGroups, we invite you to spend the evening with one! If your DGroup does not meet on Thursday, we encourage you to get together with another family for a time of prayer, fellowship, and reflection.
- Friday Evening – We invite you back to the Post Office to conclude the week together. We will spend an hour in prayer (6:30–7:30 PM) and then share a meal together (7:30–9 PM). During this time we will reflect on what God has taught us through this time and pray for a continued reliance on the Holy Spirit for 2015.
CLICK ON THE TWO STUDIES PROVIDED. These can be used in your Dgroups or family time as you hang together.
Helpful Guidelines for the fasting and prayer:
- ● Spend time praying during the time you usually eat
- ● No TV
- ● No web surfing (unless job related)
- ● No Blogging
- ● Read your bible, pray, and connect to other believers that are different from you culturally or ethnically. In other words hang with those you might not normally hang with.
Click on the link below to see the handout that was available at the 11:00 am service.