- Sunday service: we’re planning to meet outside this Sunday! More details below on that. If you aren’t able to join in person, you can still join us via livestream at 11am. *Note, please check the comments on the link to this livestream; if we have technical difficulties and need to create a new livestream link, the new link will be posted in the comments.
- The Boiler Room: Join us online tonight, 7-8pm, for a time of corporate prayer. Pastor Mike will be sharing more about this tonight, but this will be our last Wednesday evening prayer meeting. Starting next week, we will be meeting twice a week in the morning, rather than on Wednesday evenings. The new times will be Tuesday and Friday mornings, 6:30-7:00am. To join us tonight, use this link and the password is 720640. To join on Tuesday and Friday mornings, use this link and the password is 570762.
- Home Groups: If you are not currently in a Home Group and would like to join one, let us know and we’ll get you connected!
- Summit Church park services: Summit Church will be holding the third of their four park services this coming Sunday, September 13, and they’d love for you to join them! 1pm at Garden City Park (150 Pavillion Rd., Garden City, MI 48135). The last of these four services will be on Saturday, September 26.
- Leadership updates: two Sundays ago, Pastor Mike shared a few leadership updates that we wanted to summarize for anyone who missed them. On September 1, Pastor Clete began a sabbatical for a time of rest, counsel, growth and seminary classes. To help him best achieve these goals, please direct any ministry-related needs to Pastors Mike and Charles, or to our elder-apprentice Nick Lee. During the month of November, Pastor Mike will also be on sabbatical as he goes through another round of treatment for some pre-cancerous skin cells. In addition, it was announced that Nick Lee will be coming on staff on a part-time basis (effective Sept. 1) to lead our ministries to our children and youth, ages 0-18. Parents, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this transition, or regarding how the kids ministry will function during this season of COVID-19, please feel free to reach out to Nick.
Prayer Request from the Lees
Dear Restore Family and Friends,
Please pray for our baby boy, Viktor Lee, as he undergoes heart surgery this Friday at approximately 7:30am. He currently has a narrowing of the main artery to his heart, and the surgery will remove the narrowed part and join the two wider ends. It is about a 5 hour long surgery with an average of 5-7 days inpatient stay at the hospital. Please pray for the operation itself and for the recovery afterward. Please pray for us as his parents to trust in the Lord with all of our hearts and not be wavered by circumstances. Please pray for Gabby as we will be out of routine and the norm for these days leading up to and days after the surgery. Thank you so much, everyone! We love you all and are tremendously grateful for the body of Christ to walk with us in all the ups and downs of life.
– Nick and Tina Lee
Sunday Services Outside!
For the time being, our default plan for Sunday mornings will be to meet outside on the grassy lot beside the PO. See below for details on how to come prepared. And below that, see our plan for if it rains.
- Bring your own lawn chair or blanket
- Wear sunscreen and/or bring an umbrella to provide some shade
- Bring your Bible – we will not have screens or a projector outside
- When you arrive, please sit as close to the front as possible so those who arrive after you can easily find a place to sit
In case of rain:
If it rains on Sunday, we will meet indoors. *There is no registration required for the OUTDOOR service, but please use the link below and register if you plan to attend the INDOOR service in case of rain this Sunday.* If we need to cancel the outdoor service due to weather, we will send out an email and post to the Restore FB page on Sunday morning.
We continue to have pressing needs for volunteers in the areas below. If you are worshipping in person with us each week, please consider helping in one of these areas so we can continue to make the services available online to those who can’t make it, and so we can continue to mitigate risks for those who are attending service in person. If you are willing and able to serve in one of these capacities, even just in this transitional period, please let us know as soon as possible!
AV Team: This is our most pressing need! As we continue to live-stream our services, we need to grow our AV team so that our current volunteers don’t have to serve as often.
You can continue to give your tithes and offerings electronically, whether you attend in person or are joining us via our live-stream. Just text “resdetroit” to 77977, and you’ll receive a link to give securely online. If you would like to mail a check or money order, those can be sent to 2701 Joy Rd., Detroit, MI, 48206.
- I Don’t Care What You Think, I Care What God Thinks; 1 Cor. 4:1-13
You can also download Restore’s sermons on iTunes! Search for Restore Church in the iTunes Store under “Podcasts.”
Text for Sunday
1 Corinthians 4:14-21: I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. I urge you, then, be imitators of me. That is why I sent you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach them everywhere in every church. Some are arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power. For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power. What do you wish? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love in a spirit of gentleness?